Agreed, you do need to ignore the handful of whiny NIMBYs, but there’s always the danger in this city (especially where bicycles are involved) of them gaining some sort of traction and making this a real and legitimate thing. On the pro side, and while I normally hate when he does this stuff, Bloomberg’s overall attitude of ignoring public outcry and doing whatever he (or his immediate deputies) wants could work well here.
Haha, I was going to say exactly that earlier, prefacing it with “I don’t want to sound like a hypocrite here,” especially since I was quite insistent on demonstrating that there was transparent community involvement in the PPW bike lane.
- jonprins reblogged this from ohhleary
- ohhleary reblogged this from thedept and added:
- dnorton reblogged this from ohhleary
- thedept reblogged this from ohhleary and added:
- megordon likes this
- brianvan reblogged this from ohhleary and added:
- kiss-distinctly-american likes this
- rubenfeld likes this
- losingweightinthecity likes this